What's up with AllMyApps's account linking?

I have an account in AllMyApps. AllMyApps wasn't really useful, but I still have my account there. Recently they introduced account linking, just like many other sites do. But when I tried to link my Google Account, it claims that "it wants permission to view my Contacts". What on earth could that be for? I've linked my twitter account, I doubt it could do any damage to that one. But Facebook and Google, now that's a treasure of contact informations waiting to be divulged for solicitation. My guess: they want to spam everyone I know. What else could it be for? You don't really need to know who my friends are to enable AllMyApps to work on my PC, right?

0comments:

Post a Comment

I will not post non-constructive comments like "+1 Like", "First!", "You suck!", "Agreed!"